I am 72 years old & had an infection under tooth #30. 'Was advised by my dentist to have tooth extracted by an oral surgeon & get an implant. The oral surgeon has thus far extracted the tooth and packed the hole with cadaver bone to build the area up enough to accept the "screw" that should go in it to hold up a crown. This has already cost over $3,000 & now I am told that I must go to another dentist for the crown. This is supposed to add another $1,000 to the cost. At what step can I stop the entire procedure without damaging my mouth further? I have good chewing teeth on the other side. We have other health issues which need more immediate attention than this tooth does.

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2014, at 20:10 PM

  • Now you have to go for crown as the dental implant has already been put in the bone. so if you now donot go for crown then the whole treatment is useless and the you arch integrity will also suffer. Further the implant put in by dentist can be be left like that and dental crowns is needed to be put to complete the treatment. You can delay the treatment by sometimes after discussing with your dentist. for more info on dental implants you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-implants-25.aspx

Free Dental Consultation