Since my adult teeth came in, I've had this spot on my front tooth that looks almost like another tooth inside it? When I was young, I was told it was a tooth freckle. But now that I'm older I'm looking for a more reasonable answer. It's not decaying or causing a problem, it's more a cosmetic concern.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - August - 2012, at 20:11 PM

  • If it is like a white spot and it is there since the tooth has erupted then it is called the hypoplasia of the tooth. It is formed when the tooth is being formed. If there is any change like  you get sick or take some medicine or there is a history of trauma, then the tooth is not formed normlly during that period and that is called as the hypoplasia of the tooth. You can go for the composite built up in that area or go for veneering. It depends upon the size of the lesion. It is better you consult a dentist . For more info on cosmetic dentistry you can visit the following link...

Free Dental Consultation