I just had a bridge put in and on the back tooth the bridge does not go all the way to the gum line, I can see my tooth, is this ok? Also it did not fit right (my bite was to high) so she shaved my other teeth. I think she should of fixed the bridge not messed with my good teeth. My bite still feels off like its hitting my bridge.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - December - 2012, at 03:27 AM

• The gap may also be present due to your missing tooth  being  lost for a long time,leaving bone comprommised in height or width.This will cause a less desirable bridge design  If this is the case, simply ask your dentist if you need  a  "ridge aumentation and/or  bone graft", and redo the brisge in 3-4 months.Also, keep the area clean as much as possible because the food trap caused by the gap will speed up the possibility of recurrent decay on the remaining teeth. It is not uncommon to make minor, final adjsutments to dental bridge after it is done, however if you cannot meet your teeth on the opposing side, it requires major adjustments.At this time, you MUST go back to the dentist.  Have the bridge removed and adjusted properly.

For more info,visit the link  http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation