I am terribly afraid of the dentist it has gotten so bad I haven't gone in 4 years. I never had a traumatic experience or even a cavity I don't know why I get so scared. I have tried to make appointments but I don't show up because I start to freak out. I don't have any problems with my mouth that I know of my friend is at dental school and I can't spend anytime with her because I am afraid that she is going to want to look in my mouth or something. It has started to affect my normal life because we used to be best friends. I have taken my friends and family with but I can't open my mouth when the dentist tells me to my heart starts racing and my hands get sweaty. I can't let them come near me I now can't even step in an office my friends have taken me to their appointments but it doesn't work. I really would like help over coming my fear so I can go back to my normal life and not freak out when someone says the word dentist. I don't know why I am like this please help me.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - January - 2014, at 10:20 AM

• If you never had any traumatic experience with dentist and even then you are afraid of dentist then may be you need couselling. These days dentistry is not painful. Initially just go for examination and xrays and discuss with your dentist about your fear. They will definately will be able to help you as you are not alone who is afraid of dentist. Donot feel bad about it. There are so many alternatives available. If you need dental treatment then you can go to nitrous oxide (laughing gas) in which you will not feel anything. for more info on dental phobia, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-anxiety-83.aspx

Free Dental Consultation