I had a post and build up on two molars two days ago. It was sore afterwards but now pain is severe. Sharp and stabbing. I did not have any root canals prior to build up and my bite seems even. What could be the reason for the pain? What should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 10:17 AM

• If the pain is there after 2 days then you can take some pain killer and wait for another 2-3 days. Sometimes the tooth takes time to adjust and hence the pain is there. You can get it checked for high points which is normally the main cause of pain after posts and builtups. But if the pain does not subside after a week and it gets worse then you have to go to dentist. As the Root Canals are not done at the time of posts so the main cause of pain can be because of some crack or infection in tooth. Your dentist after doing clinical exam and xray will tell you the exact cause of pain. In the meanwhile maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. for more info on post and core you can read this article..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-post-and-core-280.aspx

Free Dental Consultation