Firstly thank you for such an informative site and espcially for online advice. 2 days ago i woke up and notice that certain parts of my gum was swollen and a bit painful. I didnt think much of it. Yesterday I woke up having a mild fever. I took medication for the fever and it was fine. Today I woke up with more parts of my gum being swollen. I hav a sore throat and i can feel that the middle part of my tongue is cut. In the morning i noticed that in the back of my teeth on the left hand side of my mouth there is an overlayer of gum that grew and is very uncomfortable. Please can you help me :(

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - July - 2012, at 23:38 PM

• From your description, you might be having gingivitis. The teeth that you mentioned on the back side, is the the last one. If YES! then all the problem can be due to wisdom tooth eruption. You should start doing mouth wash gargles ( any OTC antibacterial mouthwash can be used). Dont poke that farthest gum over the coming wisdom tooth. It might cause unnecessary laceration.

Visit you dentist ASAP and get an Xray done to see the alignment....For more info on problems related to wisdom tooth visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation