my last tooth on my right side and my bottom teeh and my gums are hurting me.i cant even eat without it bothering me.i took some extra strength pain relievers for pain.but it didnt help. what should i do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - September - 2012, at 21:50 PM

• Pain in gums is due to infection.Pain in gums can be there because of infected tooth present. Infection must have reached the dental pulp which has nerve and have caused pain and pain in gums and teeth. If infection has reached nerve, then root canal treatment is required for the tooth. In root canal treatment, infectious necrotic portion of tooth is removed and is replaced with filling material.Pain in tooth, swelling and pain of gums, inability to eat are symptoms which suggest that root canal treatment is required. Infection will not go till you get treatment done for your infected tooth. Visit your dentist as soon as possible.By the time you visit a dentist, you can take otc pain medicines for some relief. You can avoid eating from that side of mouth and maintain good oral hygiene.For more info on signs and symptoms of root canal therapy, refer to…….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-root-canal-therapy-104.aspx

Free Dental Consultation