I recently had 21 teeth pulled to receive my dentures the same day.However there seem to be huge pieces of tooth still in both my upper and lower gums. Is this normal? If it is, what should I do to make my dentures more comfortable until these pieces work their way out? Because right now it is extremely painful to wear my new dentures for any length of time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - June - 2014, at 19:57 PM

• It is not normal to have pieces of tooth left before getting the dentures. It may not be the tooth pieces and it can be bone. So get xray done and discuss your problem with dentist because normally if you are getting full mouth dentures and going for extraction then all the teeth are removed and pieces of teeth should not be left. It will cause infection and you will not be able to wear dentures. Till then maintain good oral hygiene. Do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and schedule an appointment with your dentist asap. for more info on dentures you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dentures-50.aspx

Free Dental Consultation