my crown has come off my tooth and i am unable to get a dental appt. for a few days. there is decay on the remaining part of the tooth; should i use temporary cement to put the crown back on or just wait til my dental appt. thank you

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 09 - August - 2012, at 01:20 AM

  • The first thing to do if you got your crown dislodged is to examine the crown to look for any chipped tooth fragment inside the crown. If there is a part of tooth inside the crown then you need to see a dentist and in that case don't try to fix it back. In case if the crown is hollow without any tooth fragment in it, then you can re-cement it using a temporary cementing material that is available in the drug stores but before buying consult your dentist that is the type of cement that you are taking safe to be applied as a temporary material or not.

    To know about the method to recement the crown using temporary cementing material visit the link

Free Dental Consultation