A couple weeks I had several front teeth pulled for a bridge. (I think I had 4 teeth pulled) I am currently wearing temporaries. Yesterday, I noticed a REALLY BAD taste in my mouth and it just seems to be getting worse. I can "suck" liquid from under my gums and it smells and tastes HORRIBLE! Ive tried mouthwash & warm salt water but it doesn't help! Im worried it might be infection? My regular dentist office will not be open for another 3 days. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - July - 2013, at 20:07 PM

• If you donot have any pain and swelling in the extraction socket then it cannot be infected and the bad smell and bad taste can be due to poor oral hygiene and poor maintainenace of temporaries. So keep on doing warm saline rinses and use good antibactorial mouthwash and clean the temporaries regularly till you see the dentist. for more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction, you can check this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation