3 weeks ago my boyfriend ate something which caused him to crack a tooth and experience severe pain. We then went to a dental office (the next day). They did xrays and a general exam, and prescribed pain medication. 2 days later we returned for another apptmnt, and all they did was have him see another provider for an exam, and tried to convince him to apply for credit for more cpts unrelated to the pain he was/is currently experiencing. So today, after many arguments and rescheduled apptmnts, he had the 2 main problem teeth (both bottom molars left side) extracted. I have 2 main q's.... (1) is it normal to be charged 3 consult fees in this situation and (2) should I be concerned that after the 2 molars were extracted they did not stitch up the gums Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this horrible situation.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - August - 2012, at 00:51 AM

• The consultation fees and charges varies from region to region and from doctor to doctor. As such there are no special rules. It's strictly up to the dentist that s/he is charging for what but yes, the patient should be told everything regarding the treatment and for what s/he is being charged for.

Regarding stiches, it is not compulsory to give stiches after tooth extraction. Sutures are generally given when there is laceration but if in case the extraction is simple without much trauma then no sutures are needed. So, dont worry the healing will be fine (prior you take special care of post extraction instructions). For more info on after care post extraction visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation