Hello, I got the two wisdom teeth on the right removed 10 days ago, and the ones on the left removed 3 days ago. I got stitches for all of them. I'm not in any pain except a bit of a sore jaw, and I don't have bad breath, but the cut on the lower left was still oozing blood last night, after about 60 hours, and there was some blood in my mouth this morning when I rinsed. Additionally, I have a bad taste in my mouth that won't go away and seems to be coming from where my lower right wisdom tooth used to be. It wasn't there until yesterday, so 9 days after that tooth was removed. It's not unbearable, but I'm not sure it should be happening? I can see the stitches are still there, although they seem to have loosened a bit. My dentist said they'd come out in 3 weeks. Should I be worried or is this normal? Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - December - 2016, at 04:17 AM

• If you don't have any pain or swelling then there is nothing to worry. It takes around 3 weeks to 3 months for the extraction socket to heal depending upon the type of extraction. As far as bad taste is there you have to maintain very good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day and by doing warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. If you want to know more about the wisdom tooth extraction and the complications one can face after the extraction then visit the following link on the website.....

Free Dental Consultation