I have a stained "white" filling in my center front incisor, that has been replaced a couple of times only due to staining, & my dentist doesn't want to do this again, as he's concerned the tooth can't withstand more strictly cosmetic filling removal. The filled tooth has no new decay & the filling was last replaced about 15 yrs ago. The filling is located on the side edge of one of my center front teeth, right next to the smaller incisor beside it. Is it possible to bond over this filling? Or is replacing the filling the only way to improve this stain (other than veneer/crown?)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - June - 2012, at 22:10 PM

• I would recommnd you to get removed the already stained part and go for a fresh new cosmetic filling. Filling over the already filled tooth will not last for a longer time and has got more chances of failure. 

But the first thing to get checked is the reason for staining of fillings. Make sure that the tooth is not decayed and if the decayed part is there then get it thoroughly removed....For more info visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-of-composite-restoration-286.aspx

Free Dental Consultation