My son got hit in the face while playing at school. Yesterday morning he said his tooth in the back was hurting. When he returned home from school the tooth was just hanging there by one side. It is a molar that I didn't think was supposed to come out until he is atleast 10 years old. His dentist office is closed. What should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - December - 2012, at 02:48 AM

• If your child has knocked out his primary or baby tooth take the following stepst. First, call your dentist to make an appointment. Unfortunately baby teeth should not be re-inserted after getting knocked out unless your dentist says otherwise. So DO NOT try to put the tooth back where it fell out.There is a developing permanent adult tooth present below the baby tooth which can be damaged if baby tooth is re-planted.Before you go to the dentist rinse your child's mouth out with cool water and have them bite down on some clean gauze or cloth to stop the bleeding. Also you may want to use a cold compress to help with swelling and any discomfort. Give him soft,liquid diet.For more info,visit the link,http://www.identalhub.com/dental-broken-or-knocked-out-baby-tooth-924.aspx

Free Dental Consultation