First, thank you for answering my first initial question related to this one. I just went back to the dentist for her to check for high spots on my tooth after she did some spot filling. She saw a couple of high spots but instead of just taking down those spots, I guess to keep me from coming back bugging her, she filed around my whole tooth and said now only my teeth are touching. Now when I bite down, in the back corner, after chewing I get this immense throbbing pain and it lingers for about 30 seconds. It doesn't throb while I'm chewing, only a few seconds after I've stopped chewing. The blood rushes to that spot and throbs like heck! Now she's saying I need a root canal! HUH? My tooth was fine before she did the drilling! It only hurts in the corner of the tooth immediately after I've stopped chewing. Any guesses?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - January - 2013, at 09:23 AM

• It is difficult to comment on this as you are saying the pain is when you stop chewing. Normally the pain is there while chewing. The pain goes either when you stop chewing or it lingers on. If the pain goes as soon as you stop chewing then that means the symptoms are reversible but if it lingers on even after the stimulus is removed then it is irreversible pulpitis and needs root canal treatment for cure. If you are satisfied with your dentist then you can take 2nd opinion from another dentist. For more info on when root canal is needed you can read this article...... http://www.identalhub.com/article_diagnosis-of-root-canal-treatment-297.aspx

Free Dental Consultation