Dear Dentist, (: i am curious to know what exactly is a porcelain veneer ? I have 2 teeth side by side that seem to be wearing down and falling apart...it seems my old dentist has filled these 2 teeth with a porcelain substance. what is this and what is a porcelain veneers job and function for a tooth ?Is it different than your regular fillings? Also i know i need to get my teeth fixed but i have high anxiety...but now i am willing to do whatever need to be done to have healthy teeth again. what techniques do dentist have for giving a patient a pain free and anxiety free treatment...can this even be a pleasurable experience unlike the old days of dentistry? any answer would be greatly appreciated! thank you (:

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - December - 2012, at 02:56 AM

• Porcelain veneers, sometimes also termed dental veneers or porcelain laminates, are one of cosmetic dentistry's more recent developments. These wafer-thin shells of porcelain which are bonded onto the front side of teeth can be an excellent cosmetic solution for teeth that are stained, chipped, or slightly misaligned.The best and easiest way to overcome your fear of dentists is to simply find a dentist you trust who has a comfortable, friendly office that puts you at ease. You should share your concerns with your dentist and tell him how you feel and what it is about going to the dentist that intimidates you.If the sounds and sights of the dental office trigger your fear, try listening to your favorite television program or to music through headphones. Your dentist will probably have these devices available in his office. In addition, many dentists may offer you a mild sedative to help you have an anxiety free dental experience by helping you to relax.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_porcelain-veneers-356.aspx

Free Dental Consultation