i have a broken tooth that is below the gumline on my upper back teeth . there is also redness and a little soreness on gum above tooth..also a small bubble blister type spot of blood or puss. what is happening and what will the dentist do to help me ? i will be setting up a dentist appointment very soon but i am just curious and a little worried, thanks for any help or advise (:

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - December - 2012, at 03:50 AM

• A tooth that has broken off at the gum line, leaving only the root behind, needs to be extracted. Otherwise, the root can become infected and cause a swelling.If a tooth is fractured down to the gumline and needs to be removed dentists have special ultrathin instruments that can be used like a lever to loosen and remove the remaining root. If the tooth is fracured deep into the bone special piezo instrumentation can gently remove bone around the tooth using ultravibration energy allowing access to push out the remaining piece of tooth.Blister on your gums is due to collection of pus.Warm saline rinses will help in localizing the infection.Fluids intake should be more and you should take proper rest.

For more info,visit the link  http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation