I have had chronic lesions appear on the lateral borders of my tongue. The left side at times, the right and even on both sides at the same time. They began appearing in 2010 and upon several visits to dentists, physicians, and hospitals with no diagnosis. One doctor advised he had never seen anything like it and prescribed me lidocaine for the pain but could not tell me what it was. I began my own research and have taken several pictures documenting the changes and the frequency and as recent as two weeks. Please Help, I can provide images to assist as well. Warm regards, Lisa

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - June - 2015, at 09:38 AM

• Chronic lesions on the side of tonuge can be due to some infection and sometimes it is traumatic like when you have sharp teeth. Without clinical exam and proper history it is not possible to comment on your situation as you have checked up with dentist and physcians. For lesions you can check with some Oral Pathologist who may advise you with  biopsy to make the proper diagnosis. for more info on lesions you can check this link in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-lesions-65.aspx

Free Dental Consultation