I had a same day permanent crown placed about 5 days ago. The crown does not go all the way to the gum line and I can actually place my fingernail in the space between the crown and the tooth. Is this normal? This is my first crown. Also the dentist placed the crown on the wrong tooth. We discussed at an earlier appt that 2 teeth next to each other that needed crowns. It was decided the one further back could wait and do the other one first. When I got home I noticed he did the further one back. Don't know how to mention that the wrong tooth was also done.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - May - 2012, at 00:43 AM

• I suggest you to immediately visit your dental surgeon and tell him everything. There shouldn't be any space between the crown and the tooth. The crown should snuggly fit into the tooth without leaving any gap. 

Talking of  a wrong tooth what i feel is that the dentist after looking only might have decided to place  a crown and there might be chances of tooth being carious and requiring a crown. If crown saved the tooth and you aren't feeling any pain, then its better to let the situation go.

Form more and detailed info on crown you can visit...http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-crowns-222.aspx

Free Dental Consultation