Hey, i have currently had braces for approximately 6months now, and only yesterday my dentist wrapped a thin white wire around my upper front brackets. He tightened them and they have been twisted. What are they called and what is their purpose? did he use them instead of elastics to speed up the process?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 05 - April - 2012, at 07:48 AM

  • With seeing it it is difficult to comment what has been used. It can be E-chain or it can be some elastics which are used to put more pressure on the teeth but some time they are used so that the teeth can be used for anchorage.

Free Dental Consultation