Good afternoon, my name is Lynda i am 59 years old and I have had bad breath for as long as I can remember. Ive been to many many dentists and so far none have helped. They have determined that I have gum disease but do not think that is the reason for bad breath. I have tire everything from deep cleaning to tongue scrappers to dry mouth products and Dr Latz products even had my tonsils removed. But nothing seems to work. Because od this mouth odor, my love life is non existent. Ive tried electric toothbrush and the water pick for gums and everything one could imagine. When I rub my finger on my gums and smell it there is a bad odor as well. This could indicate gum problems too. Can you help me please?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2013, at 20:43 PM

• Along with local causes like gum problem there are systomic problems also like GIT disorder or some kidney problems which cause bad breath. If you are very sure that it is due to gum problem only then along with maintaining good oral hygiene you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day regularly and use some good antimicrobial mouthwash also. If this all does not help then get a check up done from your physician. For more info on bad breath topics you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-bad-breath-6.aspx

Free Dental Consultation