I went to the dds, to have a filing on my upper left furthest tooth. He injected 6 numbing med. After he left the room, I was in alot of pain, and could not open my mouth very wide, I kept working my jaw and finally got it to open 3/4 of the way as normal. He came back in after 20 min. and filled my tooth. My whole left side of my face was numb, which is normal, but the next day, my left side cheek area was still numb, and had a huge, painful bump on my left cheek, which lasted for 3 days. It hurt so bad, i could not sleep on that side. I finally could sleep on that side but it was still tender to touch. Now afetr 5 wks, my nerve that goes along my lower left jaw is numb, sometimes tingles, itches, feels for pins and needles, and hurts wash every evening. Is this a permanent nerve damage? will it eventually get better? I am leary to go back to my dds. Please help asap. Thank you very much!!!!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - April - 2012, at 07:50 AM

• If after 5 weeks of filling you still have pain that means either the tooth is infected or the cavity was very deep . After filling some times the tooth takes some time to settle down so there is pain but it subsides with in 2 to 3 days but if you have pain on lying down then that means the tooth is infected. It is difficult to give the definite diagnosis with out the clinical examination . You can go to your dentist and if the tooth is infected then you have to get the root canal treatment done, For more info on pain after filling you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation