So, I'm not sure, but I think my bottom right(right for me, but left if you're looking at me head on) wisdom tooth is growing in. I don't have the money to go into an actual dentist and find out if this(or any of the other growing list of toothaches and other misc. tooth problems) is the case. So my gum above where the tooth is started feeling kinda funny last night, it was getting a little swolen, and I didn't realize that until I started chewing on a stick of gum and realized the tooth gum was so swolen up it was sliding around on the top gum too. Last night it didn't hurt. Now it hurts pretty badly. A dull ache when resting, but a pretty horrendous pain when some food creeps back there and gets chewed on by the gum. I also think I might feel the tooth a little bit under the gum. It's smooth over all the rest of my wisdom teeth, but this one is swollen and bumpy just like any of my other molars. So, I was wondering, do you think this could be the tooth growing in? Is it possible for one tooth to grow in before the others? If it's not this, what could it be? Is my smoking maybe a factor as to why my gum is doing this? Also, I'm an 18 year old girl, just turned in March. Thanks! Solutions attempted: Poking gum Looking in mirror Ice to dull pain(worked pretty well for a bit) Chewing gum gently(horrible idea, hurt badly) Drinking cold drinks(kinda worked, plain ice was much better) Baby teething gel for pain(kinda worked, not too helpful) Sensitive teeth toothpaste with soft bristled toothbrush(SO much less painful than my normal toothpaste/toothbrush combo, but I have to look out not to poke at my gum too much)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - June - 2014, at 20:17 PM

• From your symptoms and your description, it looks like that your wisdom tooth is growing in and as your age is also conducive the wisdom teeth grows from 15-25 years and it is possible for one tooth to grown before the other. Now for this you have to go to dentist and find out whether the space is available as it is very common for the wisdom teeth to be impacted as the space for them in gums is less or their angulation is not right. In that case you have to get these pulled out. Till then avoid irritating it, do warm saline rinses 3-4 time a day and maintain very good oral hygiene. So go ahead and schudule a visit to dentist. for more info on wisdom teeth you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation