I have a cavity in the back on my right side. I have been told that I'd need a root canal to fix that tooth, but because of the cost, my mom made me wait. It's been 2 years!! It hurts.!! Also, recently my jaw's been locking on that same side.. And there's a pain in my neck right below my tooth... I just need help!! Ibuprofen doesn't really seem to work, except for a few minutes.. Any suggestions?? Also, I'd like to know.. Is it safe to just get that tooth pulled? Also what's going on in my neck?? Would pulling it make the pain STOP?! Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - April - 2012, at 08:44 AM

• It looks like your tooth is infected. Only brufen is not going to help. You have to take antibiotics with it and get the treatment done. The treatment is to get the root canal treatment. If you can not afford the root canal treatment then go to some dental school and get the treatment done. The other option is to get the tooth pulled out. it will subside the pain as the cause of infection is gone. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-root-canal-therapy-rct-295.aspx

Free Dental Consultation