I have had a broken tooth for a while now, there is some sensitivity due to temperature and some discomfort when chewing but other than that there is no pain. I really don't want to get a root canal, I would much rather get a filling. If I were to get a filling would this help with sensitivity?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - September - 2012, at 22:25 PM

• When a tooth chips or breaks, it may not hurt. However, your tongue usually feels the sharp area quite quickly. Minor tooth fractures usually don't cause pain, but if a large piece of the tooth breaks off, it can hurt. That's because the nerve inside the tooth may be damaged. If it is exposed to air, or hot or cold foods or drinks, it can be extremely uncomfortable.If you have a broken tooth, see your dentist as soon as possible. Your dentist can figure out if the tooth's nerve is in danger. A damaged nerve usually will require root canal treatment.Nothing can be said for sure without clinical evaluation.Your dentist might also need x-rays for planning the coorect treatment plan.For more info on root canal treatment,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation