Ive got an extra topwisdom tooth and i have to get it out, and i have to go under. Will the extra wisdom tooth (its far up in the top left jaw)make the surgery worse? and what should i expect if i am like overly nervous. Im deathly afraid of any medical procedure, doctors, anything. so How do i calm myself to where im not a fool, and what should i expect with the extra tooth? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - March - 2012, at 07:50 AM

• These are the supernumerary teeth. If it is near the wisdom tooth then it is called as paramolar. Normally they are quite small and do not create much problem during extraction but still the X-ray is taken before the extraction. There is nothing to worry about during extraction. it is like any other extraction but you should follow all the instruction after the extraction as they are at the far end so maintaining the hygeine in that area is very important. for more info on supernumerary teeth you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-and-treatment-of-supernumerary-teeth-740.aspx

Free Dental Consultation