m 21 years female and my upper teeth are not aligned due to thumb sucking...what are treatments for that?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - December - 2012, at 04:26 AM

• Hi Brenda,Jaw clicking is caused by the misalignment of your jaw, because some of your tendons and muscles are pulling it slightly out of place.To combat this TMJ exercises stretch, massage and strengthen certain muscles in your body which in turn release pressure on the tendons and muscles in your jaw. This allows your jaw to relax and find it’s correct position and relieves you of your jaw pain and clicking. So you won’t have a clicking jaw because it will function normally again.

• Brenda

Brenda 13 - December - 2012, at 13:30 PM

• I am 49 yrs old. I had braces when i was a teen. in the years since, my back teeh have become progressively shorter. I now find that I have to pull my jaw back in order to chew, and some times my lower front teeth hit the gum line behind my upper front teeth causing the gums to swell. I am also noticing that my jaw will now click sometimes. What would be the best way to fix this, if it can be fixed.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - December - 2012, at 02:54 AM

• Teeth straightening can be achieved by a variety of different cosmetic dental techniques. Not everyone needs to have fixed wire braces or wear unsightly headgear for a perfectly aligned smile.

Invisalign :The Invisalign system aims to achieve perfect teeth-straightening results without the need for visible wires, which can be a source of embarrassment for some people.

Porcelain veneers:Porcelain veneers do not actually straighten your teeth, but give the illusion of a perfectly aligned smile. Provided that your teeth are not severely crooked, porcelain veneers can be placed over the front surfaces of your teeth to make them look straight.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation