I recently spend $1800 on a root canal and a crown, now on the opposite side what I got the root canal and crown down, a filling came off anoint a week ago, I had a tooth assist ther but the dentist didn't do anything about it he just got a picture and moved on. Now I have a piece of the tooth missing and is swollen and te throbbing is just unbearable, the tooth is so sensitive and I just can't take the pain:( I was prescribed penicillin for the infection but I was wondering, if I can't afford to get a root canal and a crown what are my options here? I don't have insurance and pay out of a credit care program. Thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - December - 2012, at 02:52 AM

•  

While there is no other type of dental work that's directly comparable to having root canal treatment, you do have some options available to you when making a decision about what to do with your tooth. They include:

1) Delay your root canal treatment.:After discussing matters with your dentist, you may find that your tooth's treatment can be postponed until a time that's more convenient or affordable for you.

2)Have your tooth extracted:While seeming to be the cheapest and easiest fix, this option may turn out to be the worst choice over the long haul.

3) Have your tooth extracted and then replaced with a ...

a) dental bridge or removable partial denture

b)Dental implant

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_alternatives-to-a-root-canal-treatment-302.aspx

Free Dental Consultation