My son was punched in the jaw 7 years ago, had 2 implants in the bottom jaw and because of the constant pain, had the implants removed a year ago. One year later he got a bridge. Ever since he got the bridge, he has been in pain again. He wants the bridge removed but his dentist won't do it because he says he used a permanent glue. He keeps shaving off the bottom of the bridge but that does not remove the pain What should we do? My son is really depressed about this? Should we see a neurologist? My son is already seeing a neuromuscular dentist for more pain in the jaw although the pain in the front bottom he says, is caused by the bridge being there

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - March - 2013, at 07:31 AM

• If the pain is there because of the dental bridge theen bridge has to be removed even if it is fixed by the permanent glue. For this the bridge is sectioned by the dentist but before this you have to be certain that the pain is because of the bridge only. For more info on dental bridge you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation