Hello, I am a 21 year old living with what I believe to be a severe form of dental fluorosis. I was born in a country in Africa & lived there for about 8 years. The place where I grew up had excessive amounts of fluoride in the water supply due to lack of government regulation & overall neglect. My baby teeth grew in discolored & now now all of my adult teeth are severely discolored in a muddy brown/yellowish color. I won't even get into the psychological effects this has had. I have 4 crowns done on my top-front teeth & 4 on my lower front teeth within the last 2 years. I'm currently taking a break due to financial restrictions. I want to know if there are any other options I can explore that can be cheaper & involve less drilling on my natural teeth. I don't suffer from too many cavities & most of my teeth are strong structurally, just with severe enamel decay. I just want some advice without having to go to a dentist & pay huge amounts of money for 10 minute consultations. Any help will be welcomed.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 23 - July - 2013, at 20:35 PM

  • There are many options available for the treatment of fluorised teeth. Crown is one of them. But you can go for veneers also in which tooth cutting is less as compared to crowns. The veneers can be direct or indirect. In indirect, the tooth colored material is directly bonded on the affected tooth. Though this is cheap but not very durable. The indirect method you get ceremic veneers which are quite durable. for more info on veneers you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-difference-of-dental-veneers-crowns-and-bridges--576.aspx

Free Dental Consultation