I'm 16 years old and my wisdom teeth are starting to come in. The two bottom ones currently do not worry me, but one of my top ones had started to break through a couple weeks ago and they are becoming sensitive when I eat. They aren't painful, just sensitive. I am currently on foreign exchange and will not be returning home for another two months, so it isn't very easy for me to go see a dentist. Are wisdom teeth something that can wait a couple of months? Or is the ideal time frame to deal with them shorter than that?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - April - 2015, at 20:23 PM

• If they are just sensitive and not painful then you may not worry. Maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. If the pain and swelling is there then you have to visit a dentist and get xrays done to find out whether there is enough space for them to come out, otherwise eruption of wisdom teeth is a normal physiciological process untill they create any problem. So there is nothing like ideal time. For more info on wisdom teeth you can check this link in our website ... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation