I recently got 2 molars extracted from the back. They put in stitches and are allowing for it to heal in order for my dentist to be able to put in replacement screws where my molars used to be. I'm getting very nervous because although it is healing well, the holes feel as if they are closing and the stitches are getting loose.One stitch has even come out already. Today is a week since I've gotten the procedure done. I'm wondering if this is normal or is my jaw bone for that area closing or not.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - March - 2012, at 09:02 AM

• Normally if the stitches are given which are nonresorbable they should be removed after a week. If the stitches are becoming loose and coming out after a week you should not worry. The healing is going out normal. Visit your dentist and if the stitchs have to be removed then get them removed. But maintain good oral hygeine and do warm saline rinses as the chances of secondary infection is always there. For more info on complications after tooth extraction you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation