Hi. I have some pain in my left front tooth and has become loose. Went to my dentist which he told me that the tooth is loose because of gum disease and the tooth cannot be saved. The other front tooth is solid and doesn't seem to have any gum disease. Also want to mention that I have a gap between the front teeth. My dentist wants to replace the loose tooth with a bridge which means he'll need to pull the good tooth along with the loose tooth. I object to this because I don't want to lose a good tooth for the sake of making my front teeth look even and ridding me of the gap. Couldn't he just replace the loose tooth with an implant and even up or get rid of the gap by capping the good tooth? Isn't there another alternative?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - March - 2013, at 10:30 AM

• If the other tooth is solid then for making bridge, by pulling out the loose tooth, there is no need to pull the solid front tooth. For bridge, 2 abutment teeth are needed to give support for replacing the missing tooth. So the solid front tooth can be used as abutment. It will be capped and by giving bridge like this, the gap will also be filled. If you go for implant then this tooth again has to be capped to fill the gap and to give even aesthetic apperance. So in my opinion, bridge is better alternative. For more info on dental bridge you read this article having info about dental bridges ... http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation