I have three cracked teeth that I had a dentist in my area check recently. I'm looking for a second opinion. He told me that the three cracked teeth should be extracted because they could become infected. He said the infection could spread to the jaw and bone, which would be a medical emergency. He wants to extract all three teeth. One tooth has been cracked for 10 years and was checked by another dentist several times over the years. That dentist said I should let her know if I have any problems with it and didn't mention extracting it. She said if I have problems to see her. I don't want to extract a tooth that doesn't need it. I don't have any pain associated with the cracked teeth. However, the dentist I recently saw said that an infection can come on suddenly, without warning, and could become a medical emergency. I'm wanting to know if I should extract the teeth soon or do I have some time to decide on whether to extract or not?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - October - 2016, at 23:52 PM

• Normally cracked teeth shoud be extracted and your dentist is right. they can cause infection any time and it can be very acute. If you really take good care like not eating from that side and maintainoing good oral hygeine then you may wait for some time but if the infection sets in then they have to be treated in emergeny so it is always better to decide and get the treatment done. For more info on cracked teeth you can visit the following link on our website...

Free Dental Consultation