Hi! I removed my wisdom teeth about 3 month ago. My wounds seemed to recover, but I am having infection. I have been on different antibiotics ever since. I gets better, but not completely fine and then infection comes back. My dentist said that my antibiotics seems to not be effective on me. I have been taking Levofloxacin for the last 4 weeks. I was getting better, but I'm feeling that the infection is coming back. What should I do to get well? What is causing this?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - November - 2012, at 03:01 AM

• Infection is the most common complication after extraction.To avoid infections in the mouth associated with wisdom teeth and wisdom tooth extraction, it is important to practice good dental hygiene. Since the jaw, sinuses and ears are close together, infections in one area can affect others. Because mouths are full of bacteria, infections originating from the jaw or teeth are not uncommon. Daily tooth brushing and flossing can help keep the teeth and gums healthy, warding off gingivitis and other dental issues that can quickly lead to infections. Following dental instructions after a wisdom tooth extraction, such as food modification, daily rinsing with warm salt water and tooth brushing, can help minimize the risk of an infection.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation