I had my tooth (lower #30) pulled on March 12. I have gone back to the oral surgeon 3 times since with significant pain. The first time he said I had dry socket and packed it with medication. The second time he put more medication on it and gave me some lidocane to use. The third time he put some gummy stuff around it to protect it while it healed. It fell apart in my mouth after causing even more pain. Thoughts on what I need to do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2014, at 09:49 AM

• If you have pain even after so many day of tooth extraction, then it may be a dry socket and you have to get the treatment done for dry socket which is to get the dry socket dressing. You had this twice and if there is no respite so you can consult your oral surgeon again and discuss your problem. He will clean the socket and give you the dressing or you can take second opinion from another dentist. for more info on problems after tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation