Hi. I have been prescribed Flagyl and Phargel by a dentist - first visit. My front gum on the upper side was apparently affected by some sort of trauma as stated by the dentist on the second visit. I went to him on the second visit and he did a chemical treating. All this has not worked out for me. My lower teeth touches the upper teeth slightly. Please provide advise for me

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2013, at 21:05 PM

  • It looks that either you got trauma on front tooth or you have a traumatic bite in which lower teeth touches the upper teeth when they occlude. In case of traumatic occlusion, the gums tend to suffer but normally the lower teeth which are affected more. You have to get xray done and find out. Because of trauma the tooth can be infected and in that case you have to go for root canal treatment of tooth and only then the infection will go. So schedule an appointment and get xray done and discuss the treatment options with your dentist. for more info on root canal treatment you can check this link in our website...vhttp://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation