3 weeks ago i had a silver filling replaced with white composite on a bottom molar. Since then i've had a throbbing pain in my jaw. I went back last week and the dentist said that the filling was too high and the pain was from my bite being off for a week and that my muscles were probably spasming* which was what was probably causing the pain.. They did and x-ray and assured me it was not a nerve and and that I didn't need a root canal. they prescribed me 5mg flexirel muscle relaxers and said just to take them before bed. Its not helping. Its been 3 weeks and i'm using 2000mg of naproxen to get through the day. Does it take this long for the muscles to calm down? Or do I have another problem

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - February - 2012, at 22:29 PM

• From your symptoms it looks like that the pain is not because of high filling but because the tooth has become infected. In case of deep filling or when the old filling is removed to be replaced by the new filling, the pulp of the tooth is irritated. In such cases if the filling is high then the trauma intensifies the condition and the pulpitis is there which causes acute pain. Initially it is reversible and reverts back to normal but if it does not heal then the root canal treatment has to be done. For more info on dental fillings you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problems-with-high-dental-filling-926.aspx

Free Dental Consultation