I was supposed to go back 6months later but I never did and now a part of my upper tooth (2nd molar maybe) has just fell out. I assume I ate something and it cracked and just started falling out thereafter. And one of the teeth below it (1st molar maybe) had a cavity and was filled but I assume the filling was temporary but this tooth has started to hurt a lot and I don't know why. The filling looks to be intact but it hurts a lot especially when I drink something cold. I'm going to go to the dentist soon but I just wonder whats going on with those two teeth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - December - 2012, at 02:51 AM

• Temporary fillings are intended to be just that: temporary. They will likely wear out within a month and can fracture or fall out completely. If you have temporary fillings, you must visit your dentist to have him or her place permanent fillings in your teeth. If you do not replace temporary fillings, you risk infection and tooth loss. You can temporarily reduce the pain and risk of damage at home until you get to a dentist as soon as possible.Apply a small amount of clove oil with a cotton swab to the tooth to help sooth the pain and reduce sensitivity.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-the-procedure-of-dental-filling-by-dentist-808.aspx

Free Dental Consultation