I was chewing a piece of gum when my dental crown came off. I've had it for over 10 years and it was starting to get loose and I was going to address it when I make an appointment when my insurance kicks in on Jan 1. However, it came off tonight and I was wondering if it was safe to wait until then to get it fixed. I am in no pain currently and have cement still in place it feels like. The cap was a silver one and since it is on the left top tooth in front of my wisdom tooth, I was a afraid to put it back for fear of swallowing/aspirating it.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - December - 2012, at 03:24 AM

• You have a very high risk for abscess. Buy a temporary adhesive, such as Tempanol, at the market/pharmacy. Clean the tooth well, dry it thoroughly and apply the compound according to directions. Avoid chewing on the affected side. If you already have the start of an infection, this won't prevent or cure it so act fast.You should try and get it fixed before you end up in pain.Give the area a good brush; keep it clean and rinse with warm salt water 3-4 times a day as it is the only thing you can do.For more info,visit the link  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-remedy-for-loose-dental-crown-895.aspx

Free Dental Consultation