I have had cubic zirconia crowns put on a couple molars over the past 3 years or so. I have had nothing but trouble...cracking, breaking, chipping of these...at least 3 times!! this morning, the crown i had fitted one year ago just cracked/broke. So I am going in to see him this afternoon. I was told its under warranty. I have a new dentist now because my insurance recently changed. Should i be looking into getting a different kind of material? The dentist said he recommended the expensive crowns because i have an immune system health issue. Is he just trying to make more $$?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - April - 2013, at 19:51 PM

• Normally the zirconia crown donot chip or break. They are quite sturdy and biocompatible and may be due to this your dentist has recommeded them as you have immune system issue. Zirconia crown crack or break if they are not made properly or clearance is less. So if they are under warranty then you can get them replaced and discuss your problem of cracking and chipping of crown with your dentist who will take care and do the preparation of your abutment tooth accordingly. For more info on zirconia crowns you can read this article in our website...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation