Hi there - I got all my top teeth pulled about 5 months ago. I've had the denture adjustments etc but now, suddenly my denture feels tight, and when I chew, it feels like I"m chewing broken glass. My dentist today said I needed to contact my oral surgeon because there is a bone that feels like it is protruding but not through the skin yet. it is causing LOTS of pain and pressure in my face and headaches. No one can tell me what is happening or what will need to happen from here. My gums are throbbing, stinging and my denture is so painful all of a sudden. What do I do now?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - April - 2013, at 20:02 PM

• If you are having pain and your denture is feeling tight then you have some inflammation in the ridge which is caused by the irritation of the dentures. for this either you have to get the denture relieved from that area by the dentist who will do the selective grinding of denture and it will take a day or two for the area to heal. If the dentist thinks that bone is protuding and that is causing the problem then you will have to go to an oral surgeon who will do the Alveoloplasty and round off the bone. But first get the denture relieved from that area. It should take care of your problem. Do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day and take good care of your oral hygiene. This warm saline rinses will help in reducing the inflammation. For more info on Alveoloplasty, you can read this article in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-alveoloplasty-in-dentistry-771.aspx

Free Dental Consultation