I got my wisdom teeth out 2 weeks ago, and was given a syringe last week. For the past few days I had a nasty taste in my mouth and foul breath and decided to look really close in my mouth. I found out the 3 of the 4 of my teeth pulled were almost completely healed. But the 4th one's (and impacted tooth on my lower jaw) stitches had broken and there is a large gaping hole there. I had to put the syringe deep inside the hole to blow out all the food in there (bread was filling the entire hole) as well as alot of fresh blood (no clot) and then the hole big enough for the entire tooth to have been was there. Will this heal on its own? Should I be worried about the blood?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - May - 2014, at 19:40 PM

• If it has not healed yet and the hole is quite big then you should visit dentist and discuss with him but if there is no pain and swelling in that area then that means the socket is not infected and dry socket is not there. Sometimes healing is not primary but secondary and in that case socket takes around 6 weeks to heal but you  really have to take very good care of oral hygiene. Use warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day, keep that area clean and try not to eat from that side. Take all meds prescribed by dentist. for more info on wisdom teeth extraction, you can check this link in our website....  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation