I went to the dentist 8 days ago with a broken molar #15. I wanted it filled and the dentist said no. So out of desperation to relieve my pain I let him just fill it. 3 days later my whole face was in intense pain so I went back. The dentist said my bite was off and he drilled on the tooth under the filling instead of the filled tooth. Now I have a black spot in my lower tooth and all of my bottom teeth are killing me. Was he supposed to drill the filling he put in, or the tooth below the filling? Please help I am in extreme pain.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2014, at 20:00 PM

• Normally the tooth which is hurting or which  is filled is grinded if the filling is high. One is not supposed to grind the opposite tooth as that tooth will become sensitive. So in your case it is very difficult to comment without clinical examination but the dentist should not grind the opposite tooth. If you have pain and swelling in relation to molar which is broken then you have to go for root canal treatment in that tooth. May be the pain in lower teeth is also because of upper molar as sometimes you have referred pain. So get the xrays done and discuss the treatment options with your dentist. for more info on root canal, you can check this link in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation