I had a molar and impacted wisdom tooth removed (from same spot). I am experiencing just a little bit of pain. I just had it done 2 days ago. The pain isn't horrible, Ibprofin handles that but there is a horrible taste coming from that spot. I haven't done a lot of rinsing and cleaning because i'm afraid to mess with the blood clot, I'm not sure how soon I can start rinsing the spot. What can I do to make this horrible taste go away?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2013, at 20:50 PM

• After 24 hours of tooth extraction you can start with warm saline rinses becasue then the chances of clot dislodgment are not there. The saline rinses should be done gently and not vigourously and these should be done 2-3 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene. Try to rinse after every meal. Basically the bad taste is due to food lodgment which gets fermented. Warm saline rinses will take care of this. Also follow in aftercare instrucitons and meds given by your dentist. For more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation