last night my son and i was playing ball. he kicked the ball then the ball bounce back towards him, his one foot try to kick the ball again but landed on top of the ball then he fell down. mouth first. until this morning his gum still bleeds and swollen. what can i do? should i consult a dentist? need an x-ray?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 18 - June - 2012, at 01:24 AM

  • Yes, i would recommend you to visit a dentist and get OPG Xray done. Before starting any treatment its better to get the exact diagnosis. To stop bleeding you can put tea bags into the mouth and ask your son to chew on it. Tannic acid present will cause vein and arteries to constrict thereby causing ceasation in bleeding. Also place  a gauze pack and bite on it. Apply an  Ice pack over the swelled area....but do visit a dentist for Xray ...for more info you can visit the link...

Free Dental Consultation