I recently had a crown put on my upper molar because the tooth was cracked. The dentist said he cemented the porcelain crown in permanently but used Duralon instead of a newer cement and that he could still remove the crown. I'm worried because if the crown can be removed it means to me that it isn't cemented in permanently, and that is the question. If the crown can be pulled off without damaging the crown, can this still be regarded as a permanent cementing. I am worried that the Duralon will leak out and/or infection will get in there and rot out this recently crowned molar. Please advise if I should have crown removed and re-cemented with a more permanent cement.Thank you so much for your attention

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - March - 2012, at 09:08 AM

• some cements they chemically bond with the tooth structure and it is difficult to remove them but some cements they mechanically bond to the tooth structure. The duralon is that . Though it is used to permanentl cement the crowns but if dentist wants, the crown can be removed with the crown remover without damaging the tooth structuer or the crown. So just relax your tooth is permanently cemented and it will not come out but if there s some problem then your dentist can remove it.......http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-crown-placement-270.aspx

Free Dental Consultation