When I had a crown put on a molar recently the dentist did not wash off and dry the tooth before cementing in the crown with Durelon. I know I got saliva on the tooth and did touch it with my tongue. I am worried about any bacteria on the tooth under this crown and also about the Bond. Would any bacteria be killed by the Durelon and/or would there be any risk of anything bad growing in this sealed environment? If so, then how urgent is it to have this crown removed and re-cemented? Would the crown be easier to remove now or should I wait? The crown was a good fit. Would not washing and drying the tooth before cementing weaken the bond, making it easier for infection to get under the crown? The crown was put on because the tooth was cracked but now 5 days later I still feel some pain on biting. Does the crown prevent this from getting worse? Thanks very much for your help

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - March - 2012, at 22:38 PM

• Normally tooth is isolated before the crown is put on it but the chances of bacteria growing is not there as the envoirnment is sealed and the bacteria can not grow in that envoirnment but yes. it does weaken the bond. As your tooth was cracked you have not mentioned whether the tooth was root canal treated or not neither we know about the crack line but if tooth is paining before the crown was put then it should be treated before the crowning. Go to your dentist and discuss everything if pain is still there .As it is difficult to comment on this without the clinical examination. For more info on cracked tooth you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation