My temp fell out while lightly brushing. There was a new dentist who wasn't really qualified or at least seemed that way at the dentist I go to. I tried to put the crown back on with toothpaste but was too sensitive so I had to clean off the toothpaste. I have the crown in by holding it with my bite. My dentist said I would okay taking the temporary crown off until I get the permanent put it which is 10 days. Little worried from reading online how my gums can grow and leading to the permanent not fitting, infections, etc. Am I okay or should I switch dentist?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - January - 2017, at 22:38 PM

• It looks like the tooth which has to be crowned is not root canal treated as it was sensitive to the toothpaste.ideally the tooth should be covered with the crown after the reduction is done . It is o.k. for  without the crown for a day but not for 10 days. Either get the tempoary fixed or take second opinion . If the tooth which has to be crowned remains without crown for  so many days then complications can be there.For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website......

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-temporary-dental-crown-899.aspx

Free Dental Consultation