i have a white spot on my upper gum line and at one point it was bleeding, especially when i applied pressure to it. it's since started hurting less (most likely from my salt water rinses), but i'm still concerned about it. it's been around for two days and it about the size of the top of a pinky I'm concerned that this may be something serious.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - October - 2013, at 09:55 AM

• This white spot on the gum line can be due to gum infection or some infection in the tooth causing the intraoral sinus. The infection in the tooth can be due to trauma or because of decay. For this you have to go to dentist and get xray done along with clinical examination and only then diagnosis will be confirmed. The treatment depends on diagnosis. If it is due to gum infection then either deep  scaling or gum surgery has to be done and if it is due to tooth infection then root canal treatment has to be done. So schedule an appointment with dentist. for more info infection due to abcessed tooth you can check this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-symptoms-and-treatment-of-gum-abscess-900.aspx

Free Dental Consultation